Tuesday 12 July 2011

Horrible bosses!

This post is in part inspired by the forthcoming film of the same name, and in part by my current, urgent need to vent before I commit murder.

I've been fortunate enough to work for some brilliant bosses in my career so far, but I've also had the misfortune to have 2 who have both been equally breakdown inducing in different ways.

My last boss was female and the same age as me. She had been promoted from a role on my level (which she was no doubt incredibly good at) to managing a team of 3 and from the word go it was a nightmare. Suddenly on a power high but with no clue how to turn that power to good she was like a maniacal nursery teacher on the final of the apprentice, swinging from being your nicey nicey bestest friend who treats everything with kid gloves to a psycho bitch from hell who once gave me a formal warning (and I'm seriously not kidding on this) for breathing too loudly.

My current boss could not be more unlike my last. But, surprisingly, this isn't a good thing. Instead of the meticulous micromanagement and strict to the nearest second deadlines I'm faced with someone who sits on ANYTHING I send him, no matter how important, for months on end, despite my constant reminders, then forgets completely/loses them/sends them to the wrong email, and I have to start the whole process again from the beginning. Oh and then drops deadlines on me with an hours notice to turn them around. Which obviously means I never manage to get anything done as I'm constantly waiting/nagging/filling in a spreadsheet at the last minute.

Oh and he makes a mess of the kitchen and (shared) bathroom. Vom.

*prays I win the Euromillions tonight*...

No comments:

Post a Comment